Advantages of Invisalign®: The Invisible Way to Straighten Teeth
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign® is a brand of teeth aligners in orthodontic dentistry. These aligners offer alternatives to traditional braces featuring metal brackets and wires. Instead, Invisalign features a different material that provides new experiences to patients.
How Do They Work?
Invisalign braces work by employing controlled pressure on teeth. When you wear them, they fit snugly, causing your teeth to move gradually over a stipulated period. After the first six weeks, you need to change your teeth aligners, getting new ones to continue the process. Each tray of clear aligners will feel tighter than the previous one. These steps will continue throughout your treatment so that you may end up wearing up to 30 or 32 Invisalign trays.
Advantages of Invisalign
Of all the reasons you can choose teeth aligners for your orthodontic treatment, the following are why you must get Invisalign in San Antonio, TX:
- Practically Invisible – many dentists in San Antonio, TX, called Invisalign braces virtually invisible because of their material. When you wear your aligners, you can hardly tell that you have worn anything. The aligners feature a transparent plastic-like material that allows you to flaunt your smile throughout your treatment. It is the reason these aligners are also called clear or invisible braces. Conservative patients will thoroughly enjoy undergoing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign braces due to their aesthetic advantage.
- No Surprises – you get exactly what you signed up for with Invisalign braces. The treatment plan is clear from the word go. Your dentist in 78209 develops a detailed treatment plan detailing the projected duration of your treatment and the anticipated results. If you are diligent with your treatment, you should realize your expected results with no surprises.
- High Comfort Levels – wearing invisible braces is nothing like the experience of wearing metal braces. The plastic-like material is smooth, significantly lowering the cases of accidental bites and scratches during your treatment.
- Flexibility – did you know that you do not need to wear your clear braces all the time? Unlike metal braces, Invisalign aligners are removable. This flexibility removes any limitation on food. Ideally, you can eat whatever you want without damaging your aligners. The only thing we will require from you at Terrell Hills Dental is to wear your aligners for between 20 and 22 hours daily. The period is necessary to ensure your teeth get the required pressure to move them accordingly.
- Fewer Dental Visits – if the thought of visiting your dentist every few weeks bothers you, opt for invisible braces. These teeth aligners do not require adjusting. Instead, you get a new tray of aligners after every six weeks. If you want to reduce the dental visits, you can get two or more trays in advance, delaying your next dental visit.
- Better Oral Hygiene – since the aligners are removable, you have no excuse for slacking in your dental hygiene. Every time you remove your clear braces, ensure your mouth is clean before wearing them again. Besides, the aligners themselves are easy to maintain. Rinse them with clean water before wearing them to avoid staining.
- Quick Results – Orthodontic treatment with Invisalign braces typically takes about six months or more to correct mild malalignments. The reason is that the braces have a tight snug that strategically guides the movement of teeth.
Should You Try Invisalign Braces?
Incredible as they are for straightening teeth, Invisalign braces are not for everyone. Your orthodontist will first conduct a comprehensive dental exam to determine your suitability for the treatment. Some of the factors that may disqualify you from wearing Invisalign braces are:
- Complex malocclusion – although your smile is correctable, your orthodontist will advocate against Invisalign braces. The braces are only suitable for mild and moderate malocclusions. These braces will not work for you if you have large spaces or a severe overbite. However, you can try getting metal braces first, then when your teeth have shifted enough, you can complete your treatment with invisible braces.
- Poor oral hygiene – Invisalign braces stain easily. Therefore, if you slack in oral hygiene you undermine the entire concept of inconspicuousness while undergoing treatment.
- If you have dental implants or bridges – Invisalign only works for natural teeth.